Friday, July 9, 2010

Podcasting

Listening to some podcasts makes me think about the old days of radio - what it must have been like to sit and just listen. I admit I can find myself drifting a little bit if I do not have a visual in front of me.
I listened to some fun, different podcasts. The ones recommended by Kathy - our Media Goddess - and some I found on Google.
One of my favorite sites is www.podbean.com/podcasts.
This had all kinds of podcasts to listen to.

If I use this medium in my web page next school year, the one thing I feel I need to do is keep it short. My goal is always to get parents and family members to come on the website and read it, so a shorter podcast may get better results for me. I'm interested in doing some "readers theatre" with my kindergarten students next year, and this will probably be the place to start. Before they get comfortable "reading" we will probably just do some acting out of a story they know well.

I'm excited, one more thing to try - I need more hours in the day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment